Women: Living Free
Our Women’s Living Free programme will provide support and practical information you will need to be free from the cycle of abuse.
Abusive or violent relationships come in a number of forms. These may include verbal, emotional, physical or sexual abuse (including making threats, name-calling, controlling who you see, putting you down, hitting you, imposing sexual contact upon you, using humiliating sexual language or breaking objects).
“This course has helped me understand the effects of abusive behaviour in my life. I have been able to rebuild my confidence, self-esteem and learn what a respectful relationship is. This has been life changing for me.” (Progamme participant)
The programme will:
- Provide support from women who understand your experiences;
- Offer a safe, confidential environment in which to talk about your experiences;
- Provide information about ways to keep yourself and your children safe;
- Help you see what choices you have about leaving or staying in the relationship;
- Help you understand the dynamics of abusive relationships;
- Give you the opportunity to plan for a brighter future;
- Inform you of support agencies in the community.
This programme is for you if:
- You are currently in a relationship that is abusive, and you need support to make positive changes in your life.
- You have been with an abusive partner in the past and wish to heal from those experiences and not repeat them.
We can offer you group or individual sessions and will discuss which of these would best suit at an initial meeting with you. This programme is free of charge. You do not have to attend any further sessions if our programmes do not fit with what you are looking for.
If you would like to know more about the agency or inquire about doing a programme, please contact us.